About the Scholarship
The Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services of the West Host a Cemetery/Funeral Home Scholarship is open to all current CCFW Diocesan Cemetery or Funeral Home members.
Your application must be submitted by November 15th of the year before the scheduled conference dates. Recipients will be notified by email on November 30th. If you receive a scholarship and are then unable to attend, please give the CCFW Executive Director at least 30 days advance notice that you will not attend. Otherwise, no shows will forfeit the right to be considered for future scholarships.
Scholarship covers conference registration and/or hotel rooming for two nights. Applications are reviewed by a committee and awarded on first come, first serve basis as well as who has not been a recipient in the past. The board would like to help as many people as possible, depending on funds available.
- Must be a current member of CCFW, to join please visit ccfwest.org/membership or email email@example.com for an application.
- Members may apply every year, but if you received a scholarship, you are then not eligible for another two years.
- Must be the Director of Cemeteries or Funeral Home for the Archdiocese or Diocese within the operative area of CCFW or
- An individual who is the manager of a cemetery or Funeral Home not under the control of the Ordinary of the area in which it is located, but which is accepted and recognized by that Ordinary as a “Catholic Cemetery and/or Funeral Home.”
Host a Cemetery/Funeral Home Scholarship
Many of you may know of someone not attending the CCFW Annual Conference because of lack of funding/travel budget and your organization can help. With the new CCFW Host a Cemetery/Funeral Home sponsorship, your contributions will help bring new attendees to our conference each year. How it works:
- Donations will be accepted and added to a general conference fund to assist CCFW members with the expense of registration and/or travel.
- All donations are added to the pool and cannot be targeted for a specific member
- Minimum donation is $100
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further any questions.